Friday, January 17, 2014

and now, later

and the kaspersky still will not update the databases even though i shut down and restarted the laptop and i spent the past hours following all the instructions in the program and on the support website and i finally sent in a support ticket for whenever that's worth and then i updated windows vista and that is continuing (i had to press the power button because the shut down froze for twenty minutes) and kaspersky did not shut down properly and the computer has been a real time-wasting pain in the ass tonight... here's the kaspersky report:

I followed all the instructions on the fast track that lead me to this: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/fasttrack?pid=pure3&qafrom=l2080&qaid=2081 "Contact Support" page. I followed all the instructions on this page prior to initiating this support ticket. All scans found no threats. I've changed nothing on this computer in the past week. On Jan 10, 2014 the automatic database updates stopped. The Kaspersky Pure 3.0 software warned me that databases were out of date. I tried manually updating. The software connects, gets to anywhere from 2-15% and then stops. It appears to disconnect from the server. I sent a service report to you tonight. The databases are not updated. I've tried everything suggested on your site and worked on this for about three hours over the past three days, no change except doubling the cost of this product for me. I created a system report however the "view report" link remains greyed out. I found an old system info file by searching for it, but now the one created just now. I found a GetSystemInfo exe file and ran that. I am trying windows update now, but it requires I restart so I am sending this prior to restarting. I just want my databases to update automatically as they have for years and I did nothing to change or stop the process.

in case you are curious or have time to waste along with me... that was before the shut down freeze and program crash... so kaspersky has several system reports as i sent yet another after the computer rebooted... and windows update is still trying to download updates...

No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...