Sunday, July 13, 2014

remembering games (and game nights)

it has been a couple of months, at least, since i was at one of the game parties my friends throw and tonight i finally enjoyed one again... there was a big cheer welcoming as i walked in the door, quite good ego food... i must be special as several remarked about it as something nobody else gets... it was at curly's so i had to adjust to the neurosis that comes with him as he lives to please others and runs around serving food and forcing plates in from of people all night (and while i was not happy to have him make me a plate of leftovers because i got there late, mostly because i don't like anyone pulling food out of trays and serving me when i don't see where the food came from and don't know who did the cooking and more than anything else, i can't choose what i want for myself)... but i ate anyway because he would be quite upset if i didn't... he didn't bother asking me if i was hungry or what i wanted, he just piled a plate high, way too much food, and forced it on me... that's just him, begging to please... so i praised and appreciated and he knows he is loved, but i wish he would just relax a bit...

after the forced feeding, i sat with friends and caught up a bit and played games... i watched a large group playing time's up and then was called into the other room to play spades, which is my favorite card game and the better players like to play with and against me because i usually win and they like the challenge and really enjoy the few times they beat me... it's that way for me with most games and always has been... they won't play ruzzle with me because i have too high an average score... at least i find people who can beat me online for ruzzle... spades i seldom find anybody anywhere who can challenge me with any consistency... so i won three games of spades with different partners and won a game of 500 rummy as well and my partners were very happy and our opponents thank me for the challenge and ego basks in the glory and the rest of me laughs at ego and sighs at games where everything comes way too easy much of the time...

happiness is still scratching like a mad dog, poor thing... and i definitely should be sleeping, but as usual, the game night has me wired... chocolates didn't help, especially since it's been well over a week since i had any... the neck is telling me to lay down and rest... but the brain is demanding more stimulation so i write...

hope your night is smiling too :)

No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...