Sunday, July 13, 2014

familiar strangers (part one)

so this one just feels familiar... or maybe she looks familiar... her bio reads:

"Me" is a hopelessly flawed and fickle beast. I detest schedules and lists but I need them in order to survive. Humor is underrated, I get car sick if I don't drive, I love pineapples and my sisters. I'm terrified of the ocean, but I HAVE TO live close to some kind of body of water. I'm a good friend, I read the lyrics to songs before I listen to them, I believe in Karma, I like Jeopardy because I like knowing what I don't know.

and the description og her blog, which has no entries but has been around since 2007, is "better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self" which is cyril connolly, one of the classic cynics of the past century who sums it all up with "Beneath this mask of selfish tranquility nothing exists except bitterness and boredom. I am one of those whom suffering has made empty and frivolous: each night in my dreams I pull the scab off a wound; each day, vacuous and habit ridden, I let it reform." in his The Unquiet Grave: A Word Cycle by Palinurus... but he is not all fun and games as he writes some profound stuff like "We must select the illusion which appeals to our temperament, and embrace it with passion." and "when I read science I turn magical; when I study magic, scientific.” ever so clever truths that express my own perspective rather well, but even more deeply woven into my psyche than that is, from the same work (The Unquiet Grave: A Word Cycle by Palinurus), the simple truth of my own addiction to writing in "...art is made by the alone for the alone… The reward of art is not fame or success but intoxication..."...

so i want to communicate with this one, but alas, she leaves no means of contact as she lives up to the name of her postless blog, which is hiding in public... alas, bloggers can be so very disappointing... take this wife (please?... ok, so channeling rodney dangerfield for amusement because there is no contact out there might be rude, but then, rudeness is the excuse of those without a sense of humor, so as emily litella used to say, nevermind)... and so i randomly clicked on the links on her page and found myself commenting on this post in regard to the metaphoric puddles forming around the writer's "leaky head" (which is the name of her blog) that maybe they are your moat...


part one... part two may or may not follow, depending on my mood tomorrow...

narf :)

No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...