Tuesday, February 11, 2014

the new car

i wrote to toyota about the new car for a few reasons... instead of sleeping... yeah, fool i be, but these things were on my mind and i didn't think of them today at work... in case you want to know, this is what i wrote to toyota:

First I want to say that Sylvester Cole is an exemplary representative of Toyota and provided me with outstanding sales experience and follow-up. I will be calling him tomorrow in regard to these questions, but I also wanted to ask here in case I don't have time to call.

1a. Does my 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus need any specific actions or driving style in order to optimize the engine, transmission, brakes, and other mechanical parts?

1b. I am planning a trip of several hundred miles and my Corolla has 250 miles on it. Should I use another car to make the trip or modify my driving (speed, RPMs, etc) in any way?

2. I have seen 22.5 mph for the first 250 miles in mixed city/highway conditions with minimal traffic. I am driving so that the "ECO" indicator is is almost always on. I have used the air-conditioner or heat (i am still learning the "auto" feature) about 50% of the driving time. I am concerned that the mpg is so low. Is this common for a brand new Corolla S Plus?

In the past few months I have rented a Nissan Altima, VW Jetta Wagon, Mazda 6, and Honda Civic. With each I drive the same way I am driving my new Corrolla and found at least an average of 29-31 mpg with mixes city/highway driving.

Thank you for your time and answers. Feel free to respond by email or call.


hopefully i will get an answer before we leave on friday...

No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...