Saturday, May 30, 2009

good sleep

used to be, for most of 2008 and half of 2007 and early 2009, i went out four to six nights a week, on average, and some periods I’d have up to twenty nights in a row where I was going out somewhere to do something with others… the last three months I slowed down that social life considerably, heading out only once a week and in some cases, not at all (except for four or five times a week for softball, so it’s not actually that I was staying home, actually, just that I was not expanding my social contacts as much)…

and cutting back on social life has not even slightly increased my sleep time, in fact, spending more time at home has decreased my sleep time, as it usually does, because inactivity increases my stored energy and craving for mental stimulation and so I spend more nights up late looking for something interesting or amusing on tv (a futile effort most nights) or exploring new music and browsing the web and/or writing and/or playing games…

so last night, except for a brief roll over earlier, was the sweet deep sleep I have not enjoyed for some time and go figure, it was in the big green chair (which is not nearly as comfy as it used to be)… and now, after exploring the new laptop a bit more (and writing to intel cuz they asked for feedback… you can find the letter somewhere online and if I remember to upload it to my web world I will try to remember to link it here at some future date and time) and now, it is time to ponder the day and evening…

calling precious and raspy and minnie and jane and possibly others is on the agenda, but as I do not want to spend the afternoon on the phone and I am challenged to find ways to stop giving the first three money every month (and is it the first of the month already?... sheeesh, no wonder I cut back on social life… and yes, it is time to come up for air and change the pattern, but saying no is such a sour taste in my mouth… still, i am not getting enough of what I want, nor am I taking care of myself as well as I could/should/want to, so there must be an adjustment in the imbalance…

could be an interesting day, narf :}

No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...