Thursday, July 16, 2009

it could have been babble

or not, but be that may be or not to be, the question remains even more elusive than the answer, because, after all, while we can’t see the wind, we usually know where it is cuz, well, we can feel it, but the question, who can feel the question?...

the yearning?... the burning?... the churning of desire?... what could it be?... who could it be now?... hunk a hunk a what?... between your legs?... just where is your locus of control, anyway?... blowing in the what?... you must remember this, or something… a big snake does not make you a big man, but what’s in your cup, that might matter a bit more… when was the last time you sat around with friends (or strangers) and really got into music?... playing or singing or making love, even, really into it…

you haven’t lived until you as born again in song…

someday, that may be a religious epiphany, unless people get smarter and open their minds more… there’s always hope… meanwhile, this is the story, continuing, cuz stories are like that (at least in my mind they are)… and with a 22 inch monitor to my right and a 24 inch monitor to my left and a 16 inch monitor on my lap, don’t let anybody tell you size doesn’t matter… but 16 inches on a lap is quite enough, thank you very much… speaking visually, the crispness of the true HDMI 24 inch monitor is startling, even with the lame windows vista aero crappy video features (why do they downgrade features when they upgrade software, now that is a good question… not the question, but a good one…

so this is (if you’re counting) the second file in the new electronic space (new laptop, not new blog, but the latter is rather obvious, no doubt) and the laptop teaches me a bit more about what it and the new MS Word 2007 software is about… and the little kid is all excited, naturally, cuz there are all sorts of new toys (or features, to be technical) to explore and learn about and play with… if only there was time… sigh and alas…and what I need to do, among many other tasks, is to either… (task sub-routine 1) enter every cd into a database or spreadsheet…(task sub-routine 2) install itunes and rip every cd I own… or (task sub-routine 3) rip every cd into windows media… of course they might be 10, 20, and 30, but that’s beside the point, perhaps… anyway, the trouble with the last idea is the database in wmp is not as easily managed as the database in itunes (wmp is kinda wimpy too, it seems) and it would not tell me it has duplicates until after I rip and it would take a long time and it would use a lot of memory… the trouble with the second idea is the same as the third idea except for the database being better manageable than the third idea… the trouble with the first idea is it is manual entry and takes time and I do not get all of the information about each cd… ideally, a scanner would be wonderful… to scan all the info into a database would give the best of both worlds… but without a scanner, the database seems the way to go… and so away I went…

meanwhile, back in thereal… I am noticing looseness in the usb ports already and I hardly plug in and unplug the usb connections, so the life of the port is quite possibly going to be way shorter than I’d like it to be… that could definitely suck… does any laptop brand prevent that from happening?...

and the anti-virus has been uploading for the past three hours… something like 7kps… to yes, I know (and not an amused craig ferguson I know, either… I still haven’t been able update the operating system cuz the file is too big… I haven’t had time to get back with the microsoft tech support person who emailed me… yes, an actually tech support person from ms emailed me… I was shocked (and this is a craig I know... amazing, aye?... I know… anyway, I keep hoping the aircard will find better reception if I actually go mobile with it… but there’s just not been anought time for leisurely roaming with the laptop… or writing… or much of anything else leisure… but 7kps?... so I will say it again… att aircard internet service sucks…

I’d sigh and alas some more, but who has the time…

this is what was, sort of, as I was slipping into game mode… and I disappeared for two plus weeks and the story continued, even if nobody noticed but me… it is still wonderful to find someone stopping by the check in from time to time… as if we really care, you know?... who has the time?... ah, a question… who’s laughing now? :)



No comments:

Catch up (and know more)

musical distractions

If people had visible signs or meters that told something about them, what would you want it to tell you?

dumb poll (above), smart responders

all the previous poll votes were somehow erased, so, nevermind... ironically or coincidentally or whatever, the results were very close in practical numbers to the results above shown with just three votes, if you understand the mathematics behind that extrapolative reasoning... i will probably remove the poll at some point... it is a ridiculously useless feature...

SEARCH ME

the thing is, with my tendency to babble and meander and whine and allow distraction to take the lead more often than not, even in this blog that sort of meant to merge brevity with focus like some bloggers do, searching for key words does not always lead to specific information about the subject of that key word... but... here is a start at an easy way to search for key words in this blog... use the search box at the top of the blog to search for words not listed here... if ya wanna, that is... and feel free to suggest words to add to this search shortcut section... click on the words below :)

WORK ... JOB ... MUSIC ... LOVE ... SOFTBALL ... KA ... 42 ... LOL ... LAM ... LAA ... ... ...
...